Did you know that customers are desperately seeking your love, but they’re hesitant because they’ve been hurt so many times before? Stop rolling your eyes, it’s true!
Customers have been jaded by rotten customer service (or the complete absence of it) and would leave their current providers in a heartbeat if you stepped up to the plate. Don’t believe us? Check this out.
Aspect Software, a leading provider of customer contact and enterprise workforce optimization, conducted a survey around social customer service and their results pose an opportunity for brands to develop and retain customer loyalty . . . or an opportunity to steal customers away from their competitors.
According to an online omnibus survey of 2,158 Americans who have contacted customer service:
- 67 percent of consumers say that when a company offers multiple channels for customer service, they feel more “in control of the relationship”
- And 42 percent of customer would rather have companies use social media for good customer service than to promote their products
But how do you “do” customer service on Twitter? You can find ten tips here, but to summarize:
- Use common sense
- Be respectful
- Don’t speak out of turn
- Respect confidential content
- Understand copyright (and that it applies)
- Be transparent
- Be human first
- Get to know your community
- Brand yourself first
- Stay focused
And we’ll give you a head start on the “know your audience” bullet with the Infographic below. You’re welcome.
(Image from Shutterstock)
- The World Of Social Media Monitoring And Analytics [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Build Your Digital Audience Across Social Media, Email And Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Past, Present And Future Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Women Dominate Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]