Is it worth your money to purchase a Promoted Trend on Twitter?
In other words, does a day of trending on Twitter directly affect your brand objectives?
Twitter analyzed 35 randomly-selected Promoted Trends running in 2012 and 2013, controlling for industry vertical, day of week and advertiser objective.
The graphic highlights three ways Promoted Trends drive business outcomes: 1. increased brand advocacy, 2. greater purchase consideration and 3. long-term impact on earned media.
- Consumers were 151% more likely to tweet about considering a product after Promoted Trend exposure.
- In the 14 days following Promoted Trend exposure, Twitter users produced 22% more conversations about the advertised brand compared to the two weeks before exposure.
- Even three weeks after a Promoted Trend ran, advertisers saw a 20% lift in brand mentions, 22% lift in positive mentions and 10% lift in retweets.
- Twitter Launches 'Click-To-Call' Button For Direct Response Advertising
- Twitter Ads: You Can Now Target Customers Via Their Email Or Twitter ID
- Full Page Tweet Ad Is Making Waves (And May Be Breaking Rules)
- U.S. Marketers Spend More Than Twice As Much On Social Ads Per User Than Europeans [STUDY]