WordPress is the single most commonly used blogging platform in the world, and it runs anywhere from 15 to 25 percent of all the websites in the world. The sheer magnitude of WP’s impact makes today’s news of particular interest to this blogger.
Automattic rolled out an update to the WordPress iPad app this week. The app has been completely redesigned with new graphics, new support for WordPress.com stats, a new user interface including a new landscape mode, and more.
You can find the app in iTunes.
Version 3.1 includes:
- Support for Post Formats
- WordPress.com Reader and Quick Photo added for the iPad.
- New Simple post preview feature for the iPad
- All-new WordPress.com stats
- New WordPress.com Friend Finder feature helps you find your friends blogging on WordPress.com
- Major UI Refresh, including a new sidebar menu for quick navigation, sliding panels on the iPad for greatly improved navigation and ease of use, updated colors and graphics, improved sign up experience, and landscape orientation support throughout the app
- Easy access to your site — view it and access the web dashboard right from the app
- Last but not least — many reliability improvements and performance tweaks.