Today we have another installment of: “Ask Piranhamous Anything.” And we do mean anything. Send your queries to FishbowlDC@mediabistro.com. This isn’t an advice column — Piranhamous doesn’t know what the hell you should do with your life any more than you do — and worse, he doesn’t care. Try to keep your questions short — we want to keep this fun, simple and insightful.
1. Do you feel sorry for the Reuters Deputy Social Media dude, Matthew Keys, who could serve up to 25 years in the slammer?
No. Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas…carrying indictments. The First Amendment is a “you can’t be punished for your opinions” card, not a “get out of jail free” card.
2. Which conservative journalist is most impressive right now and why?
Tim Carney at the Washington Examiner. He’s more of a Libertarian, but he calls out everyone for their ties to lobbyists, not just one side or the other. In other words, he’s intellectually honest, which is all too rare in the Fourth Estate these days.
3. With Hasslebeck leaving The View, who ought to replace her? Meghan McCain has been mentioned.
I just threw up in my mouth. I’ve heard MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp and author and columnist Jedidiah Bila had also been suggested and had the same reaction. It won’t happen, but I’d like someone with real experience in politics on there, someone like Fox News’ Dana Perino, whose opinion is informed, not a mile wide and an inch deep. Or maybe, if they want to stick with people from outside politics, like actresses Patricia Heaton or Stacey Dash. But I suspect we’ll get someone like Jane Fonda.
- Howie Kurtz to Obama: Get Off My Lawn!
- 'Between Two Ferns' Gives Obamacare a Social Boost
- Like Madonna, CQ Roll Call Masthead Undergoes Constant Re-Invention
- Oh Great, Now the First Amendment's Gone Too...