Quotes of the Day
Anchor gives shout-out to deceased father
“Dad, thinking about you a lot today.” — NBC Political Director Chuck Todd at the close of MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown” Wednesday.
How stupid can people be?
Love and a fashion advice for Chuck Todd
- “Kuddos for @chucktodd for following up on two questions. More of that makes for a real news conference.” — National Journal Editor-in-Chief Ron Fournier.
- “Thanks, Chuck Todd, 10 more minutes of same filibuster we had after Q1 and Q2. #Brilliant” — Breitbart.com‘s John Nolte.
- “Chuck, I love you man. But please don’t wear stripped [sic] shirts again on television. They’re unflattering on you.” — Kay Carman.
Editor knows his movie lines…“You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, ’cause Sydney Ellen Wade is way out of your league.” — WaPo‘s Enterprise Editor Carlos Lozada quoting “The American President” as President Obama responded to criticism of UN Amb. Susan Rice during a White House Press Conference.
Reporters cry discrimination
“Only 1 question so far has gone to a print reporter (AP wire), running out of time to give more Qs to non-TV people.” — Roll Call‘s Meredith Shiner.
“‘It would be a HORRIBLE precedent,’ Obama says, for me to respond to a questioner who I didn’t select ahead of time.” — BuzzFeed‘s Chris Geidner.
Scribe complains of pointless Twitter behavior
“Hey tweeps tweeting POTUS quotes: I have a TV, too, you know.” — CQ Senior Writer John Donnelly.
WaPo‘s Gene Weingarten apparently detests horseradish, Sam Stein’s big admission and on an entirely other note of complaint…
“Let’s be grateful that Twitter isn’t leading these negotiations, because everyone seems to have woken up on the wrong side of bed.” — MSNBC’s Domenico Montanaro.
Appropos of nothing…“Here’s the proper amount of horseradish in the oyster cocktail-sauce dip: 0.” — WaPo humor columnist and FishbowlDC Fan Club Prez Gene Weingarten.
“I’m not afraid to admit it, Ratatouille is my favorite movie.” — HuffPost‘s Sam Stein.
- FishbowlDC Has Nothing to Do With This Ridiculous New Show
- FBDC's Most Popular Stories of 2013
- This Day in FishbowlDC History
- Thanksgiving is Over -Thank God