The National Press Club has a trio of events coming up that you might find interesting. Check em out:
WHAT: James Carville and Mary Matalin discuss their new book LOVE & WAR. Must purchase tickets online ($5.00 members/ $10.00 general).
WHO: James Carville, Mary Matalin, and the National Press Club
WHERE: The National Press Club, Ballroom, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC
WHEN: Saturday, January 11, 2014; 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
2) January 13 - Ms. Quote: Why Are Women Missing From the News?
On Monday, Jan. 13, a panel at the National Press Club will explore these issues and strategies for change. Panelists include Matt Winkler, editor-in-chief Bloomberg News, Sally Buzbee, AP Washington bureau chief, Ken Strickland, NBC Washington bureau chief, Ruth Marcus, Washington Post op-ed columnist, Anna Palmer, Politico senior Washington correspondent, and Jill Zuckman, managing director SKDKnickerbocker. Linda Kramer Jenning, Georgetown University journalism instructor and Washington editor of Glamour, will moderate the panel.
WHAT: Expert panel on women in the news. Must purchase tickets online ($10.00).
WHO: Bloomberg News, AP, NBC, Washington Post, Politico, SKDKnickerbocker, Georgetown University, Glamour Magazine
WHERE: The National Press Club, Conference Rooms, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC
WHEN: Monday, January 13, 2014; 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Topics covered include:
• Surface web vs. Deep web- The majority of the web content is not searchable by standard search engines- learn how to access this hidden vein of information.
• Think Like a Librarian- Research librarians develop an intuitive sense of where to go for certain types of searches. We’ll discuss typical jumping off points for various types of requests.
• Google Drive- Google Drive began as a way to store your files in the cloud so that they could be accessed from anywhere. It has expanded to include all of what used to be Google Docs and other office tools. Learn all you need to know about using Google Drive in the last portion of this class.
WHAT: Seminar on effective web searching. Must buy tickets online ($5.o0 members/ $10.00 general)
WHO: National Press Club
WHERE: The National Press Club, Bloomberg Room, 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor, Washington, DC
WHEN: Tuesday, January 14, 2014; 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
- Startupland Doc Premiers At E St Cinema
- National Press Club's Pub Quiz is a Snooze
- Morning Splash
- Rep. Renee Ellmers Pushes For National Women’s History Museum