American Idol wrapped up its tenth season last week on WNYW/Channel 5. As it did all season long, Idol had the number one show for the week. The two-hour finale that ultimately crowned Scotty McCreery as the newest Idol, scored huge with an estimated 2.1 million viewers and a 10.5 rating, according to the Nielsen Company.
The performance show from Tuesday night, where McCreery and Lauren Alaina faced off, was number four (1.4 million/7.2).
As for Dancing With The Stars, Monday’s night performance (1.8 million/8.9) had a second-place finish. On Tuesday, the winner was revealed to a number three (1.7 million/8.5) showing. Meanwhile, Tuesday’s 8 p.m. hour was 10th (664,000/3.3).
More from the Top 10 after the jump
Rounding out the Top 10
- Glee WNYW Sixth (1 million/5.3)
- Modern Family WABC Seventh (956,000/4.7)
- So You Think You Can Dance WNYW Eighth (753,000/3.7)
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals-Game 5 TNT Ninth (697,000/3.5)
Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat Eastern Conference Finals also registered high—tying for 11th (613,000/3.0). Game 4 of the Western Confernce Finals between the Mavericks and Thunder on ESPN was 21. (475,000/2.4).
Two Yankee games cracked the Top 30, both against the Blue Jays. The Monday night game on the YES Network was 17th (505,000/2.5), while Tuesday night on WWOR was 26th (464,000/2.3).
The House season finale on WNYW had its best rating of the season at number 11 (606,000/3.0).
WNBC’s highest entry was at 14 with Law and Order: L.A. (546,000/2.7). WCBS had its best showing at number 15 with Big Bang Theory (533,000/2.6).
- Long Island Star Trek Fanatic's Story Takes Flight
- Mets Farm Team Are Masters of Seinfeld Anniversary Domain
- Dick Cavett Revisits Alcohol-Soaked 'Worst Show'
- Bravo's Andy Cohen Eyes Madonna, Michelle Obama