— DIANE CLEHANE
They were lined up into the street to get into Michael’s today for that last gasp of revelry before heading out of town for the holidays. (We were impressed by how patient Eliot Spitzer seemed on the coat check line.) The red wine was flowing as VIPs cooled their heels in the lounge waiting for their dates to arrive. “Can’t anyone get anywhere on time in this city?” groused one well-heeled gent as he sipped his pinot noir while compulsively checking his iPhone. Apparently not. By the time Jonathan Wald, Becca Thrash and Harold Ford, Jr. strolled in, the place was going at full tilt — just the way the regulars like it.
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
2. Today show’s Marc Victor, frequent morning show guest security expert Bill Stanton and Men’s Health honcho David Zinczenko. Did you happen to catch the cover story in the Style section of this Sunday’s New York Times chronicling Dave’s relationship with BFF Mediaite founder Dan Abrams? All we can say is: Gentlemen, give your publicists a raise.
5. Hollywood heavyweight Jonathan Dolgen
7. Denise Tanzman and some blonde gal pals.
8. New York Social Diary’s David Patrick Columbia and a well heeled guest.
11. Chris Taylor, rocking a red mini skirt and some killer Louboutins
12. Late arriving social swan Becca Cason Thrash with some equally glammed-up gals.
81. Scott Marden
17. The newly minted executive producer of Piers Morgan Tonight, Jonathan Wald, and Time Warner’s Ed Adler. Wald took a victory lap around the dining room accepting congrats from well-wishers before settling into his table. Upon observing the SRO scene he quipped, “It’s like the last plane out of Saigon in here!”
18. Jim Abernathy
20. Kay Koplovitz
21. Menswear designer Alexander Julian and friends
22. BizBash’s David Adler
23. Former congressman-turned-executive vice chairman of Bank of America Harold Ford, Jr. who strode purposefully into the dining room with a portfolio tucked under his arm. Time is money!
24. Woman’s Day Brand Group’s SVP and chief brand officer, Carlos Lamadrid.
26. The New York Observer’s Betty Lederman
27. Dateline NBC’s David Corvo
28. The Wall Street Journal’s David Sanford
29. Noted media trainer Joannie Danielides and Nona Synder of The Boys & Girls Club of Stamford, Connecticut. Joannie tells me that her longtime client Donna Hanover (Rudy’s ex — remember?) will be headlining the off-Broadway production of Hillbilly Women opening January 6. Just thought you’d like to know.
30. Jack Higgins
This is the last “Lunch” of 2010. Happy Holidays to everyone both naughty and nice. We’ll see you back here next year!
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Laurie Dhue, Harold Ford and the Man Who Once Ruled Primetime
- Richard Johnson, Diane Clehane Compare Michael's Lunch Notes
- Elizabeth Vargas, Harold Ford and the Latest on The Matrix Awards
- Woody Johnson, Jared Kushner and a Haute New Hollywood Handbag Designer