In a new survey, newspaper reporter is ranked as the worst career to have in 2013. The research was conducted by Careercast.com, which listed 200 careers, based on “physical demands, work environment, income, stress, and hiring outlook.” Newspaper reporter came in at 200 out of 200.
Here are some jobs supposedly better than working for a newspaper:
- Cashier (No word on where, because working at a Walmart has got to be worse than being a reporter. Right? Right???)
- Oil Rig Worker (Even dudes stranded in the ocean covered in oil are thankful they’re not working for a paper)
- Taxi Driver (A cabbie in midtown would rather take you to Mt. Vernon than write for a newspaper)
- Podiatrist (Nasty feet are somehow preferred over a boring beat)
- Disc Jockey (We refuse to believe this)