Vanity Fair has an updated New Establishment list debuting in today’s October issue, so we thought we’d share some of it with you. Once again, Mark Zuckerberg grabs the top spot in a gathering of 50 “buccaneering visionaries, engineering prodigies, and entrepreneurs.”
The New Establishment showcases the best and brightest innovators in the world, or as Graydon Carter describes it, “The Age of Information gives way to a burgeoning Age of Technology.” So no, the guy who invented the Ninja Blender isn’t on it, but there are plenty of others who deserve the recognition.
Here are a few locals who made the cut:
- Dan Doctoroff, Bloomberg L.P. – Number 10
- Jay-Z - 21
- Fred Wilson, Union Square Ventures, Flatiron Partners – 35
And here’s a bonus for you. After the jump you can check out the top five from Vanity Fair’s newest list, The Powers That Be. This list focuses on the people that shape our world. Again, the Ninja Blender guy failed to make it. Sorry.
- Nina Willdorf Named Editor of All You
- Lake Bell AND Tom Hardy Go Topless for Esquire
- Pitch Your Personal Essay to Marie Claire's Relationship Section
- Field & Stream Features Woman on Cover for First Time in 30 Years