WLTW/Lite FM has been an unstoppable force atop the Arbitron monthly PPM overall 6+ rating. The Clear Channel juggernaut is a consistent number one to WCBS-FM’s long-standing number two.
That formula is followed again last month, except that Lite increased its lead over the Classic Hits station.
Lite went from a 7.1 to a 7.6 in March, while CBS-FM, in the oppposite direction, slipped from 5.6 to 5.4.
Z100/WHTZ kept its familiar number three, although also dropping off from 5.3 to 5.1.
It was steady as she goes for Rhythmic Adult Contemporary WKTU (the third Clear Channel station among the Top 4) at a 4.7.
However, Spanish station WSKQ/Mega 97.9 made big gains, jumping from 3.5 to 4.1.
WBLS and WCBS-AM saw no movement in March, both holding at 3.7.
More from the Top 10 after the jump
Rounding out the Top 10
- WINS, which today marks 46 years since switching formats from Top 40 to All-News, slipped slightly to 3.7.
- WABC also had an incidental loss, falling .1 to 3.6.
- WAXQ/Q104.3 kept pace with itself from the previous month at 3.5.
Elsehwhere, NOW FM/WXRK fell to 3.2 from 2.6 in February.
Even though March is “madness” in sports, the ratings didn’t reflect that. WFAN gave back .2 to stand at 2.5. Rival WEPN/ESPN edged backwards to a 1.1.
Business giant Bloomberg Radio/WBBR remains at 1.0.
- From Howard Stern Intern to CBS Radio Exec
- New York Public Radio Gets Another $10 Million from Jerome L. Greene Foundation
- Bob Costas Co-Chairs The Dan Patrick Show
- New York Radio Station Locks In Joe Piscopo