Author Jennifer Weiner introduced her new novel Then Came You at Barnes & Noble Union Square this week . The novel was inspired by the New York Times article, “Her Body, My Baby: My Adventures with a Surrogate Mom.”
Weiner (pictured) explained how she came to be the co-creator and executive producer for the ABC Family television series, State of Georgia. During her time in Hollywood, she worked closely with the show’s writers.
Weiner also hinted at her current projects. Her next book will star a failed Hollywood producer and she is working on a dystopian tale about infertility (a book reminiscent of The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood). Attendees left with signed books and free whoopie pies.
During the Q&A portion of the event, Weiner shared three screenwriting for the audience.
1. Read a lot of scripts to learn about their structure.
2. Listen to how real people talk because you have to create believable dialogue.
3. Watch a lot of good TV shows.
- Authors Guild Calls Amazon eBook Offer in Hachette Dispute "Highly Disingenuous"
- George R.R. Martin Gives the Finger to Those Speculating His Death
- Elizabeth Lowell on Romance & the Evolution of Self-Publishing
- Madeline Exhibit Opens in NY