Sr. Director- Human Resource Business Partner
Altice USA, Plano, TX, US, 75024
Duration: Full Time
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
Reporting to the SVP, Employee Touchpoints (overseeing HR business partners, regional generalists, employee relations and labor relations), the Sr. Director HR Business Partner is responsible for a critical aspect of our employee experience lifecycle - the design, delivery, and management of talent related initiatives and deliverables specific to their client group in order to deliver on the business priorities. The primary HR partner to the senior business leaders within respective client groups, this role collaborates with business leaders, HR centers of excellence, and other cross-functional partners to execute an employee experience and talent roadmap that enables achievement of business outcomes and future growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of assigned business areas, including strategic objectives, long-term plans, and financial performance; translate knowledge of the business unit into a people strategy, ensuring employees with the right capabilities are in the right roles.
- Drive key people initiatives within assigned client group, including: staffing/workforce planning, compensation strategies, talent reviews, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, recruitment and retention, and organizational effectiveness.
- Define how business strategy creates workforce needs and advise/determine how needs are met through workforce strategy decisions.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify development needs and skill gaps for key individuals and/or roles within their organization; work with Talent team to address gaps and deliver learning and development solutions.
- Advise leaders on effective job specification development and leveling for new roles within the organization; partner with Talent Acquisition on the interview and selection process with a focus on both attracting top talent and creating a positive candidate experience for potential hires.
- Oversee and provide guidance on escalated, complex employee relations issues, partnering closely with Employee Relations COE and in-house employment counsel.
- Proactively coach leaders on the interpretation of engagement survey feedback and strategic action planning to drive an enhanced employee experience and move the company culture forward.
- Facilitate the effective rollout of recurring, enterprise-wide HR initiatives, including goal setting, year-end performance reviews, salary planning and administration, talent assessments and succession planning, and quarterly engagement surveys.
- Partner with business leadership and corporate communications team on the development of effective internal messaging on key initiatives and changes.
- Function as HR lead for assigned business area on M&A activities, including acquisitions, divestitures, and/or joint ventures; partner with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration of acquired businesses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, including prior experience in an HR Business Partner role working with senior executives in a large, complex organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use and interpret data to both guide and validate decisions
- Demonstrable knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, talent acquisition, management & leadership development, performance management, organization design and compensation philosophies.
- Results orientation with the ability to quickly identify problems and use initiative and sound judgment to drive solutions to complex people issues.
- Keen ability to quickly establish credibility and effective business partnerships with leaders and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated optimism and relentless problem solving, with a strong sense of empathy
- A track record of serving as a courageous advisor, focused on doing the right thing for both the business and employees individuals and collectively, even when its hard.
- Derives satisfaction from making an impact to employees, customers and a business with minimal need to “get the credit”.
- Exceptional influencing skills coupled with a deep understanding of the business and talent within it.
- Demonstrated track record of good judgement and empathy.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat, positive environment that inspires a sense of urgency, constant innovation, teamwork, and strong commitment to individual and team accountability.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
This position is identified as being performed in/or reporting to company operations in New York State. Salary ranges are supplied in compliance with New York State law. Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in Plano, TX is $149,940.00 - $246,330.00 / year. T For other locations, please inquire with your recruiter. The rates/ranges provided herein are the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and do not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.