Local Sales Manager
Hearst Television, Salinas, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $120,000.00
Salary max: $130,000.00
Duration: Full Time
KSBW 8, the NBC affiliate of Hearst Television, in Salinas, California, is seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager to take our growing station to the next level. We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating, and evaluating the sales efforts of our local team. You will lead the local team in exceeding budgets on multiple platforms and mentor a team of motivated sellers. You will coach a winning team and recruit and train new sellers. You will have experience in pricing and inventory management and the ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the local advertising community. Client engagement is a top priority. You will report to the General Sales Manager.
As a Local Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station, but you’ll also need to be in the field meeting with clients and attending sales calls. You will have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings, as needed.
- With guidance from the General Sales Manager, set the overall tone for the local sales department in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Define Account Executive performance expectations and continually measure the efforts needed to exceed those expectations
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive
- Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility – this includes being active throughout the sales process, being present on sales calls and entertaining clients
- Help forecast departmental revenue on both a quarterly and annual basis
- Manage, alongside the General Sales Manager and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and exceed revenue goals
- Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our digital sales efforts to maximize revenue and exceed revenue goals across multiple digital platforms
- Exceed our departmental goals that include Total Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Station Projects, etc.
- Continually recruit potential team members. Build a stable of premier Account Executives
- Lead the training of potential incoming Account Executives through our SAA program
- Advise our Research Specialist in creation of research pieces to assist sales efforts.
- Communicate effectively with other Managers, Supervisors and Station vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years broadcast sales management experience
- Produce revenue and grow a base of advertisers
- Analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems
- Communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Have a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
- Have experience in new business development
- Accomplished negotiator
- Have a passion to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Have creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
- Have an understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory
- Develop strategies to overachieve local budgets and revenue goals
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix
- Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $120,000 and $130,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.