Hearst Television, Salinas, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $55,000.00
Salary max: $60,000.00
Duration: Full Time
KSBW 8 (NBC) & Central Coast ABC, the dominant news station and multi-platform Hearst Television duopoly on California’s Central Coast, is searching for a Promotion Manager. You will have the responsibility to help lead a team of accomplished writers, producers, and editors who implement station promotional/marketing material. You are creative and strategic in your effort to promote the station brand. This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television, one of the nation's leading multi-platform media companies in a competitive market where every impression on every platform matters. You will report to the Creative Services Director.
If you are a television promotion producer looking to take the next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
- Work with Creative Service Director to create strategies for increasing brand awareness and resonance
- Build station promotion for on-air and digital news and programming
- Oversee, schedule and mentor creative team in brand, image and daily topical production
- Write, shoot, and edit on-air promotions including station image, news, and topicals
- Special projects coordination and fulfillment
- Produce and post targeted social media marketing
- Manage inventory for daily on-air logs and digital
- Attend outside community functions or meetings
- Implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance
- Previous experience in marketing/promotion/brand management
- 1+ years experience implementing brand message across all media platforms
- Must have a winning attitude, quality production skills and can collaborate with personnel at all levels
- Must be creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet station goals
- Non-linear editing required; Adobe Creative Suite or similar application
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, videography equipment, Wide Orbit and ENPS
- Creative writing and conceptualization; able to create compelling messages based on station research
- Valid driver's license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
- Related military experience will be considered
- Bilingual a Plus
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $55,000 and $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.