Area HR Manager
Altice USA, Greenville, NC, US, 27834
Duration: Full Time
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
The Area HR Manager is a self-motivated, experienced and focused HR professional assigned to specific business areas and geographies with the intent of serving as a local touchpoint for employees and leaders within the assigned groups. The Area HR Manager should have strong active listening skills and a natural ability to establish relationships and gain the trust of stakeholders at all levels of the organization. A core function of this role will be gathering organizational data along with feedback from leaders and employees to identify, explore, and address key issues and concerns within the assigned business area and/or geography to drive a more engaged workforce. The Area HR Manager also partners closely with other HR constituents to ensure a consistent and equitable approach to established policies, processes, and experience.
- Drives a cadence of ongoing engagement with local teams through the facilitation of informal and formal feedback gathering, including the facilitation of a regularly scheduled employee roundtables; partners with appropriate HR colleagues and leadership to address systemic trends, including recommendations for amendments/enhancements to current policies and practices.
- Partners with HRBP and COE teams to communicate annual people activities (goal setting, year-end reviews, compliance training, benefits open enrollment, engagement survey completion), providing clarity and insight on process, timelines, and required actions.
- Proactively reviews and understands the local Organizational Health reporting/data (turnover, spans & layers, headcount, engagement survey results), to share information and insights with business leadership.
- Participates in employee actions, including support with communication plans and logistics related to restructuring events.
- Manages data updates within assigned region and business area(s) related to large-scale title updates, reporting changes related to reorganizations, etc.
- Assists with the creation and editing of organizational charts within assigned business area/geography.
- Ability to carry out change management and alignment with Altice Goals & Mindsets
- Educates leaders on key resources related to developing and engaging their teams; recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new employees; and their role in key people processes such as goal setting, performance reviews, merit planning, etc.
- Directs employees to self-service resources related to health & wellness, policy information, and development offerings, as well as how to engage with HR team members (HRSC, ER, Regional HR Manager team) for matters that necessitate further HR involvement.
- Participates in local crisis management response, including disaster relief efforts, employee deaths, pandemics, and other employee-impacting crises in partnership with Employee Relations, as needed.
- Recommends and implements enhancements to current processes and overall effectiveness of the Area HR Manager function.
- Travel, up to 30%, based on business needs, to support engagement and roundtables for all business unit in the local markets with occasional travel outside of market.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or a related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in a previous HR role, including heavy employee and leadership facing HR experience.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to collaborate and build effective partnerships with employees and leaders at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities at once and prioritize without jeopardizing deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, with the ability to change direction quickly and seamlessly.
- Able to handle sensitive information with discretion and integrity
- Strong facilitation skills, with previous experience facilitating employee roundtables/feedback sessions.
- Ability to consult and actively listen, both within and outside of facilitated programs.
- Process/experience-improvement mindset, with an inclination for identifying more efficient ways of working.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use and interpret data to guide the business.
- Working knowledge, understanding, and practical application of employment laws and HR practices, including state and local laws specific to assigned geography.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills, including working knowledge of pivot tables, advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, with the ability to manage and organize large datasets.
- Proficiency with MS Visio preferred.
- Experience with SuccessFactors preferred.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
This position is identified as being performed in/or reporting to company operations in New York State. Salary ranges are supplied in compliance with New York State law. Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in North Carolina is $72,828.00 - $119,646.00 / year. For other locations, please inquire with your recruiter. The rates/ranges provided herein are the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and do not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.