Digital Media Director
AKA NYC, New York, NY USA
Work at AKA NYC
Salary min: $100,000
Salary max: $120,000
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
DIGITAL MEDIA DIRECTOR
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation, and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tina the Musical, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, New York YMCA, and many others.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Paid Media, the Digital Media Director is a full-time exempt position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Media Planning and Buying
- Plan, communicate, negotiate, buy, and implement effective and constantly improving media strategies for client campaigns, ensuring client aims are fully understood and met.
- Monitor the overall quality of work before presentation to clients.
- Deliver expert knowledge of all forms of media and understanding of supplier needs.
- Attend and present media opportunities at client meetings as and when appropriate.
- Negotiate best possible value for clients and the agency. Negotiate added-value opportunities with media vendors.
- Media buying: Outdoor; broadcast: TV and Radio; major print; and Agency buys.
- Inspire and lead strategic media planning across the Agency.
- Encourage and facilitate big picture strategy (media attribution modeling, etc.).
- Continually improve the agency’s buying rates and annual holdings with all suppliers.
- Oversee the department’s finances and the team’s delivering against agreed financial targets.
- Undertake monthly financial reviews to monitor billing, pre-payment, bad debt, etc.
- Resolve disputes with media owners and clients in the best interests of the agency.
- Deliver the media department objectives that reflect the agency’s commercial business goals and make the best use of team skills.
- Ensure all media holdings and commitments are fulfilled to ensure minimum financial exposure to AKA.
- Deliver monthly financial departmental report at leadership level.
- Identify and propose new and improved services for full service and media-only clients.
- Demand innovation and creativity in all aspects of the media service delivery from the team.
- Inspire and encourage the team to identify and action media-firsts across all media.
- Increase intelligence inside the department and across the agency teams.
- Review and continually seek to improve the presentation of media schedules and all client documents.
- Create new direct relationships with selected clients.
- Deliver increased revenue and improved service offering across dynamic income streams.
- Develop regular external media communications to build and develop our reputation with existing and potential clients.
- Further develop internal short-term and new initiative communications across all media formats.
- Seek opportunities to PR AKA’s media offering through Trade publications and awards submissions.
- Regularly review the department’s workflow process to ensure best practice across the team and efficiency between departments. Suggest improvements as required.
- Ensure agency media commitments across all media formats are adhered to and delivered.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships within the agency, using influence to build consensus and support between Client Services team and other departments, seeking win-win solutions and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of the media marketplace; provide Client Services with up-to-date information on all media trends, circulations, changing print formats, digital media updates and broadcast industry news, new opportunities, and general media developments.
- Train and supervise the members of the media team.
- Work with department members to ensure continual evaluation and improvement of briefing and workflow between Media and Client Services.
- Develop media vendor relations across all media formats. Develop and maintain agency and personal relationships with senior media representatives.
- Ensure clients and suppliers perceive the agency service as second to none in the industry and without doubt see AKA as an agency that can deliver strategic value, quality work, and the best possible value for money.
- Maintain awareness of upcoming potential new business from both existing and new clients and follows up on potential leads.
- Contribute and assist in the delivery of pitches for new full service and media-only business as and when required.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years in paid media advertising or related role (ideally servicing the entertainment industry).
- Extensive experience developing, optimizing, analyzing, and reporting on paid campaigns across brand and performance objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent relationship building, diplomacy, and decision making skills with the ability to think creatively
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary commensurate on market and experience
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year
- 3 personal/mental health days
- 13 paid public holidays
- 5 paid sick days
- Summer Fridays
- Flexible Work from Anywhere policy for specific roles and/or projects
- Flexible 40-hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office.
- Pet-friendly office.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA, we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative, and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!
About AKA NYC
We believe emotion drives action.
We create entertainment that sells entertainment. Experiences that sell experiences. Human, hands-on, hell yeah moments that make people get up, engage and connect.
We combine the art of design and storytelling with the science of data and technology to respond to the complex challenges brands face in todays fragmented landscape.
Our work is about your audience and what gets them going. It’s about big ideas and real results. In real time.
We move people through the power of entertainment.
Want to learn more about AKA NYC? Visit AKA NYC's website.
Champions for meaningful progress