Part Time Graphic Artist
Altice USA, Woodbury, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
To provide graphic elements for newscasts, on-air segments, promotions & marketing, web and miscellaneous media for use in all News 12 Services. This designer also works on any projects assigned by the Creative Director.
• In collaboration with producers, create specific graphics for over-the-shoulder, monitors, banners and full screen use in newscasts.
• Create opens, promotional elements, weather graphics and other generic applications.
• Contribute to maintenance of overall station appearance standards.
• Assist with set design.
• Create support materials for marketing and sales.
• Operate, maintain and upgrade graphic equipment and software, graphics equipment, computers and other equipment.
• Attend planning meetings and organize graphics needed for upcoming assignments. Stay informed of current events.
• Assist in training of artists.
• Represent News 12 services in a courteous and professional manner.
• Participate in special projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work on miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Creative Director.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in graphic arts for television preferred.
• Demonstrated artistic ability.
• Knowledge of computer graphics equipment and techniques.
• Excellent spelling skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.