Social Video Intern
Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We are building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Cheddar is a live Post-Cable Network covering the headline and business news that is transforming our lives. Cheddar's team is growing, products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex - at a very fast pace. We're looking for a project operations intern to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute on their objectives amidst the rapid change.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar's news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
Cheddar is looking for a hard working & creative social video intern to help us turn the big news stories of the day into compelling short form videos. This will include both pitching stories and cutting clips from Cheddar's live networks to optimize performance on social platforms. The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart - both visually and narratively.
- Create daily videos tied to the trending news featured on Cheddar's live networks.
- Research and write treatments and scripts for text-on-screen videos
- Edit text-on-screen videos
- Experiment with different formats to create content that will perform well on disparate platforms.
- Cut versions of videos specifically for each major platform we are on in line with each's best practices.
- Understanding of video for platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter.
- Adobe Premiere experience
- Familiarity with motion graphics and after effects
- Background in nonfiction storytelling, journalism, writing
- Ability to collaborate with a team while also being an individual contributor and self-starter
- Passion for journalism and the news
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
About Altice USA
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Self-Service Process Design and Management
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA, United States