UX Designer II
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Altice USA is looking for a talented, dynamic fulltime UX Designer who will be responsible for designing and iterating optimized end-to-end experiences. Optimum Mobile, a subsidiary of Altice USA, is supported by one the fastest 5G networks in the world, and is also part of the Optimum/Suddenlink Home Internet family. Our brand, footprint and customer base continues to grow, and this is your opportunity to be part of a burgeoning internal UX organization responsible for the end-to-end experience for the Optimum Mobile prospect and customer sites.What We're Looking For:
We like to roll up our sleeves and create/iterate, and so should you. No matter how complex or ambiguous the design problem, you can find a way to collaborate with internal and external partners, while always bringing energy and new ideas to the table no matter the task. You have a background in ecommerce and technical UX design, and a strong strategic design approach backed by your own creative process. A portfolio that showcases how much you truly geek out over user experience is also essential. What You'll Do:
In this integral and highly collaborative role, you will help drive the consumer experience and ensure all designs are optimal for visual design and usability. You will blend intuitive interfaces and workflows to design elegant experiences that delight the end users, all while ensuring our business goals are balanced with our user goals. You will work alongside product management, other UX/UI designers, content strategists and more to define the ideal product state for both websites. This role requires a self-starter and someone who can guide the UX design process from start to completion and own and maintain the design system.Responsibilities
- Understand product specifications and user psychology at its core across prospects and customers
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback through market research
- Create well defined personas through user research and qualitative data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success consistently
- Develop sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs that are optimal for usability and experience
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and product teams
- Evangelize the benefits of UX design across the organization and educate partners on design and research best practices
- Organize and manage our holistic design system
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends to ensure we stay ahead of the game
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
- 3-5 years proven experience as a UX Designer, UI designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- JIRA experience a plus
- Initially a remote position; in the future, this role may require on-site work 3-5 days in the Long Island City office.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Home of the world’s best books.