Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar's news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
We are looking for a key member of our team to play the mission-critical role of ensuring we're supporting our content teams and delivering engaging experiences for our users by coordinating with the development team in the execution of our strategic goals and initiatives.
The Altice News Product Team supports a portfolio of products including Cheddar News, News 12, Rate My Professors and internal tools. Covering everything from local news and weather, international news, to the latest in finance and tech - our news websites and apps have more than 4 million unique monthly users. The fast-paced nature of news means our teams value flexibility and speed as they react to the news cycle. We are looking for a Product Owner to ensure the news teams have the tools in the CMS that they need to tell their stories via video, multimedia, and written content. In addition, you'll craft a great user experience for news consumers across our websites and apps while ensuring we hit target engagement, growth, and digital ad revenue metrics.
Based in New York City, this role will be remote to start transitioning to hybrid WFH/ in office in the future.
You have the ability to:
● Translate a priority-driven roadmap and business requirements into technical actionable tasks
● Identify both non-development team and development team dependencies to ensure coordination and availability of all relevant components
● Build and maintain strong business support from team members to promote a consistent approach to decisions/impacts.
● Wield influence within a cross-functional team to manage and navigate blocks
● Manage communications between the development team and the News Head of Product as well as other business stakeholders
● Identify integration needs and strategies with critical third-party software APIs
● Identify and communicate risks to the product & timeline
What your day to day will look like:
● Serve as a key liaison between the News Head of Product and the development team
● Serve as the liaison between the development team and any third-party software
● Turn customer pains and problems into actionable user stories for the development team
and communicate the voice of the customer in the Scrum process.
● Prioritize and arrange user stories in the product backlog
● Ensure that there are no gaps between user stories, business requirements, and existing
functionality that need to be planned for
● Identify and document acceptance criteria for user stories
● Manage the product's priorities in the planning and scoping of development sprints
● Provide governance to the feature release approval process
● Participate and help drive daily stand-up and post sprint retrospectives to ensure an
efficient and constantly improving development process
● Review all releases, ensuring they match acceptance criteria
- 1+ years working in a fast-paced product-centric environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with products with multiple third-party integrations
- Comfortable working in a hybrid WFH / office model
- Experience working with Clubhouse, ProductBoard, Confluence, Figma is a plus
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.