Product Manager, Network Security
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Product Manager (Security) provides business success by meeting user needs through the continual planning and execution of product solutions, and have a market-driven focus to provide long-term, sustainable, and profitable business. Serves as a market expert of both product and the organization to drive strategy, and brings products to market with an effective product-market fit - the right product delivered at the right time to the right customer. Assists in the creation of product and business plans that identify market opportunities, and collaborates with multiple roles and departments to ensure the company's various functions are aligned with product strategy. Responsible for researching technological developments and trends, and competitor strengths and weaknesses. Understands what the customer needs and how to produce a product that meets that need. Leads team efforts for the development of product strategy, a roadmap for development, and execution. Evangelizes the product internally to the executive team and colleagues, while remaining customer-driven, representing customers through the product development process. Validates the product through customer interviews, prototypes, and beta tests, while also working to improve time to everything.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field of study required.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience with 3-5 years of software product management experience, preferably at a technology company and 5 years additional experience as CEO / Owner of product with experience managing and / or launching successful products to the market based on the “outside-in” approach.
• Must have experience in taking products from ideation to market in the Managed Services space, preferably Managed Security.
• Must have a working knowledge of Network Security Solutions (e.g. Anti DDoS, Endpoint Protection, Firewall).
• Can demonstrate clear understanding of the entire product development process. Understanding of PLM process and understands critical stages of development.
• Experience in the lifecycle of development and customer experience.
• Ability to define and build solutions to solve market needs.
• Knowledgeable across many functional areas, including product management, business acumen, business development, product marketing engineering, and marketing
• Strong understanding of business fundamentals of a product and market (like share gains, profitability, addressable market). Clear understanding of cost structures and accounting principles. Ability to manage operating expenses against established budgets.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & MS Project.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.