Sr. UX Designer
Altice USA, Bethpage, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
We are looking for a talented, full-time Sr. UX Designer to join the Product User Experience Team in our Bethpage or Long Island City office. As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work closely with other designers, product managers, writers, and marketing team members across our footprints to create user experiences that people love and on internal tools that allow us to bring exceptional service to our customers.
We are also a fast-moving, data-driven UX team who believe passionately that placing our customers first is our mission and the way to achieve true innovation. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We collaborate with others to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. We make people's lives better, one experience at a time.
You have an extensive experience with user-centered design practices and understand how to use them to promote empathy for the user on any project team. Your problem-solving skills are outstanding. You also enjoy collaborating deeply with partners in Marketing, Development, Product, and Engineering to craft the vision of the products and services we deliver that puts the customer where they belong - squarely in the center of all of our efforts.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering designs tell a clear story of their ability to target customer needs.
- Crafting user scenarios, wireframes, and prototypes that establish a shared vision across the project team and build momentum for experiences that are delightful and deeply considered.
- Conduct agile usability testing on proposed designs and existing experiences.
- Work with Visual designers and to implement attractive designs that further support UX goals, and with developers to ensure the vision is clearly preserved in the final product.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience in UX (6 or more preferred)
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in an environment of rapidly evolving requirements.
- Impeccable communication skills, and an understanding of the client/vendor relationship as it applies to internal design teams.
- You have experience applying user-centered design methods to agile development.
- You are proficient with design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma.
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience.
Who We Are
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands