Sr. UX Designer
Altice USA, Bethpage, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; from texting with friends, to browsing online and binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but to reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, Diversity Inc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
We are looking for a talented, full-time UX Designer to join the Product User Experience Team in our Bethpage or Long Island City office (while working remotely for the time being). As a Sr. UX Designer, you will work closely with designers, product managers, writers, and marketing team members across our footprints to create user experiences that people love and on internal tools that allow us to bring exceptional service to our customers.
We are also a fast-moving, data-driven UX team who believe passionately that placing our customers first is our mission and the way to achieve true innovation. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. We collaborate with others to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. We make people's lives better, one experience at a time.
You have an extensive experience with user-centered research and design practices and understand how to use them to promote empathy for the user on any project team. You are well versed in best practices in UX Design and your problem-solving skills are outstanding. You also enjoy collaborating deeply with partners in Marketing, Development, Product, and Engineering to craft the vision of the products and services we deliver that puts the customer where they belong - squarely in the center of all of our efforts.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Understanding user needs through research that's targeted directly at the questions that need answering for the project at hand
- Developing and delivering designs tell a clear story of their ability to target customer needs.
- Crafting user scenarios, wireframes, and prototypes that establish a shared vision across the project team and build momentum for experiences that are delightful and deeply considered.
- Conduct agile usability testing on proposed designs and existing experiences.
- Work with UI designers and to implement attractive designs that further support UX goals, and with developers to ensure the vision is clearly preserved in the final product.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience in UX (6 or more preferred)
- A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in an environment of rapidly evolving requirements.
- Impeccable communication skills, and an understanding of the client/vendor relationship as it applies to internal design teams.
- You have experience applying user-centered design methods to agile development.
- You are proficient with design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma.
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience.
Who We Are
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.