VP Customer Communications.
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Vice President Customer Communications is a highly visible leadership role in the Consumer Services Organization and reports directly to the SVP, Consumer Services CMO Organization.
The Vice President Customer Communications will be responsible to drive a team that oversees all customer facing communications and touchpoints across the different channels throughout the customer lifecycle. A strong advocate for customer experience improvement an engagement and developing customer-centric initiatives that will be deployed throughout the customer journey. Drives initiatives that help manage and improve customer lifecycle from onboarding to post-sale, building loyalty and a positive customer experience.
The VP of Customer Communications has hands-on experience developing and executing integrated communications campaigns within the customers and prospects lifecycle management, as well as the customer journey to create personable and meaningful experiences. A creative thinker and decision maker who is comfortable simultaneously operating at a high strategic level while also leading his/her team. Will be responsible for the development and continuous evolution of all marketing assets through all media and sales channels. Works collaboratively with multi-functional teams to support customer acquisition & CBM strategies for the entire portfolio of services to generate new customer relationships, grow customer revenue and support customer retention.
- Drives the development of a compelling customer communications plan throughout the different channels and customer touchpoints within the customer journey, align with brand guidelines.
- Responsible for managing and writing proactive and reactive messaging for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)and Customer Comms.
- Develops and maintains a detailed roadmap for customer communications through the customer lifecycle with the right messaging and tonality.
- Leads a team that works collaboratively with corporate communications, sales, product, offer strategy, customer care, and customer experience teams to ensure alignment and successful execution of customer communications initiatives, and provides support to customer experience teams through customer lifecycle & customer journey.
- Develops and executes customer communications strategy to fulfill customer activation and retention goals.
- Develops a wide range of strategies for multiple channels to increase customer engagement inclusive of email channel, social media, outages notifications, onboarding, customer education, IVR, sales scripts, E-comm Blogs, Care, Field Service and Logistics, Product and Billing notifications among others.
- Tracks performance and effectiveness of all efforts developed within the team scope.
- Oversees customer experience content on the company's customer portal and Apps to deliver a meaningful customer experience.
- Uses market research primary, secondary and informal to identify opportunities for educating customers and delivering information in a way most effective and appropriate to different targets.
- Responsible to oversee that every customer facing communication adheres to corporate brand guidelines in all communications as well as when co-branding with 3rd party providers and community engagements.
- Ensure the right level of project planning, concept development, research, writing, editing, proofreading, while interacting and directing the work of external agencies and internal resources.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related relevant fields; MBA or relevant master's degree (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience in marketing or customer experience, communication, or brand management
- Exceptional business understanding and decision-making, leadership skills, communication, and interpersonal skills, to work with CxO level executives within the leadership team and multi-functional partners across the organization; driving results by generating the right level of influence and buy in from key stakeholders.
- Proven track record in the marketing or Communications space, brand management and creative process management & execution.
- Creative thinker; idea generator.
- Solid teaming and collaboration skills; good listener & influential to others.
- Results and action-oriented, with the ability to translate results into proactive measures
- Exhibits confidence and a positive attitude, highly diplomatic yet assertive, demonstrating passion for the company, brand, and inspiring others.
- Strong and effective project management skills and the ability to lead and direct internal and external resources with direct or indirect reporting structure.
- Can build presentations appropriate for executive audiences and present a compelling story behind the data.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and influencing colleagues in a highly matrixed cross functional and senior environment;
- Ability to work under limited supervision, in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, maintaining high quality, accuracy and consistency of deliverables
- Results oriented leader with ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy, and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution. Demonstrated success in developing strategies and roadmaps that directly led to measurable business results.
- Ability to hire, scale, and develop a high-performing team that continuously delivers market driven strategies and cross-collaborates for its execution.
- Understanding of the media and telecommunications industries, with awareness of consumer trends, the competitive landscape and most up to date best practices in the field.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.