Mgr Product Management
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
This position is based in Long Island City (Queens), NY.
As a member of the Product Management team, the Manager - Product Management is responsible for leading the strategy and product management of products within the Connectivity product portfolio, including broadband Internet service, voice/home phone, Wi-Fi, smart home/home security, and premium services. This role is accountable for delivering comprehensive and innovative products that attract new customer relationships and retain our current subscribers.
- Provide business success by meeting user needs through the continual planning and execution of product solutions, and have a market-driven focus to provide long-term, sustainable, and profitable business
- Serve as a market expert of both product and the organization to drive strategy, and bring products to market with an effective product-market fit - the right product delivered at the right time to the right customer
- Responsible for researching technological developments and trends, and competitor strengths and weaknesses
- Understand what the customer needs and how to create a product that meets that need. Validates the product through customer interviews, prototypes, and beta tests
- Supports the Connectivity Products leader to successfully deliver upon operational, customer experience and financial KPIs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute the operational details of each product launch/change identified in the project plan, as defined in the launch process document
- Help identify potential communication challenges associated with Product initiatives to establish the appropriate messaging and ensure that Call Centers, Stores and Sales Reps are appropriately informed
Perks of Working for Altice:
- Base Salary + Bonus Eligibility
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance available on your first day!
- Paid Vacation and Sick Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted TV/Internet/Phone employee product benefit
- 401(k) with company matched funds, and more
- Advanced knowledge of business to consumer telecommunications products and technologies with product management and/or product development responsibility a plus
- Experience with Broadband or internet access products and services specifically a plus; solid understanding of broadband access technologies, Wi-Fi and wireless technologies, home automation/IoT and home security a plus
- Ability to manage operating expenses against established budgets
- Engineering background and/or technical expertise in technology not required
- Minimum of 5 years of non-technical product management, consumer packaged goods brand management, cable, telecom or technology experience, managing complex, strategic projects under minimal or no supervision
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, MBA or relevant Master's Degree a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including verbal and written communications skills, including listening and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate communications and projects across cross functional teams
- Experience in the lifecycle of development and customer experience
- Strong business acumen and knowledgeable across many functional areas, including product management, business development, product marketing, engineering, and marketing
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals of a product and market (like share gains, profitability, addressable market)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and work cross-functionally and across all levels of the organization
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Create the extraordinary.