Real Time Editor
Altice USA, Bronx, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
News 12 is the leader in hyperlocal news, weather, traffic, politics, investigative and more, delivering 24/7 award-winning coverage in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester, and Hudson Valley and available on News12.com and the mobile app. Additionally, News 12+ delivers 5 local traffic and weather channels. Plus, now you can see the best of News 12 from across the tri-state area all in one place with
News 12 NY. Streaming live 24/7 on Tubi, PLEX, Vizio, Amazon's Fire TV news app, Local Now and YouTube.
The Real Time Editor serves both the digital team and assignment desk. The purpose of the cross-functional role is to harness a more urgent multiplatform breaking news approach for the network. This editor would lead efforts on story selection, crew management and monitoring of scanner, digital platforms and news email. On digital, they have the ability to manage news writing and editing, social media content and news alerts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible for story scouting, field crew management, story planning, news writing and editing for digital platforms, social media oversight and monitoring of scanner and news email as well as monitors audience analytics at the station to maximize opportunities
- They play a major role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is consistently updated and impactful to our viewers
- The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment, creativity and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation
- Will write news reports for the web and other digital media platforms and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards
- Use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely
- Edit News 12 video content for processing and playback online, social and streaming services
- Collaborate across multiple teams including MMJs, MMPs, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc.
- Coordinate the gathering of news, the generation of story ideas, the scheduling and assignment of coverage, and the delivery of news material to the production team for all News 12 services
- Maintain working files of possible stories, background information and news sources
- Gather information about news as it develops and communicate it effectively and accurately to the production team
- Schedule and order facilities including satellite time. Assign and coordinate the distribution of newsgathering equipment. Assist with the scheduling of MMJs, MMPs truck op/editors/photographers and assignment editors
- Dispatch news crews, maintain schedule logs, deal with telephone story tips, listen to police radios, read newswires and e-mail, and stay in contact with sources in order to stay up to date with breaking news
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by managing editors, executive producers and news directors
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Knowledge of digital media as well as television content distribution, and actively work to gather elements advantageous to both platforms
- News judgment to identify stories that drive audience growth and capitalize on core station mission and brand
- Must be organized and able to work independently
- Strong sense of initiative and focus on continuous learning
- Strong understanding of digital analytics
- Ability to build strong relationships across functional teams and gain the respect of each.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel and departments to plan and negotiate.
- Ability to work various shifts
- Must be detail oriented, a strategic thinker and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Researcher/Production Associate, Meet the Press
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia