Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Cheddar News feeds viewer's curiosity about what's next with live news and original shows covering the people, ideas, and innovations that are shaping their world. Weekday news covers the latest in business, culture, media, technology, and innovation. Original programming offers viewers an opportunity to explore more and take a deeper dive into topics they find interesting and relevant. Cheddar is available on leading pay TV systems and OTT platforms. It is also available on all leading free TV platforms and over 40 broadcast stations reaching over 40 million homes.
Cheddar News is looking for a creative, driven and experienced Executive Producer to oversee live daily news programming for the Cheddar News channel. The Executive Producer leads the live news coverage during their shift mostly from the control room (now temporarily virtual), manages a team of producers, develops story ideas and offers innovative suggestions for story coverage. A sophisticated knowledge of business news including markets and finance is necessary, paired with a broad cultural awareness, and an instinct for what's trending. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and independent worker. At the same time, he or she must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily and work effectively in our small, scrappy and highly collaborative team.
- Manages staff of line producers, segment producers and writers and production assistants.
- Leader in the control room overseeing editorial content.
- Develops newsroom workflow to produce the best coverage in a creative manner.
- Generates exceptional story ideas, including breaking news and creative story angles.
- Copy-edit news scripts for live programming.
- Make certain all elements (video and audio) meet quality standards.
- Produces special programming as needed.
- Writes, edits and coordinates coverage as needed.
- Generates story and coverage ideas on a daily and long-term basis.
- Follow through on all assignments meeting required deadlines.
- Acts as an effective liaison and advocate between the producer team and other departments.
- 7+ years experience in television news production & branded content.
- Proven experience as a team manager.
- Experience with project management and ability to oversee assignments and deliverables.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience giving direct, constructive feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Create the extraordinary.