Altice USA, Brooklyn, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
News 12 is the leader in hyperlocal news, weather, traffic, politics, investigative and more, delivering 24/7 award-winning coverage in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester, and Hudson Valley and available on News12.com and the mobile app. Additionally, News 12+ delivers 5 local traffic and weather channels. Plus, now you can see the best of News 12 from across the tri-state area all in one place with
News 12 NY. Streaming live 24/7 on Tubi, PLEX, Vizio, Amazon's Fire TV news app, Local Now and YouTube.
News 12 Brooklyn is looking for an aggressive, self-starting Multimedia Journalist. The ideal candidate should be able to generate story ideas, develop sources, pursue leads, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. Must be able to shoot, write and edit clearly and creatively. Must also be capable of operating assigned camera and editing gear. We're looking for motivated local journalists willing to dive deeply into community issues and do stories that matter. Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
• Minimum one year full-time professional news reporting experience.
• Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
• Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
• Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media.
• Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies.
• Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 40lbs.
• Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Champions for meaningful progress