Altice USA, Woodbury, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
News 12 Long Island is looking for a creative and dynamic Freelance News Producer to be responsible for preparing the rundown of news stories, overseeing and executing the production of key video and graphic elements with guidance from the Executive Producer. The Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the line producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. They will be responsible for the oversight of daily rundown changes and will work with the show director and production crew to block the newscast. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements, out-of-show teasing, show timing and field coordination. They are the main conduit to anchors through IFB. They must calmly deal with changes and breaking news during the show and ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- BA Degree preferred
- Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast.
- Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
- Requires a leader with the know how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties to associate producers, assignment editors and video editors.
- Must possess a strong collaborative spirit and understand the vision and creativity necessary to handle a newscast as well as manage a production team to accomplish that vision.
- Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
- Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Should be able to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
- Knowledge of current and local events and politics required.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands