Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
Altice USA is looking for a talented, dynamic fulltime UX Manager who will be responsible for defining and driving Altice USA web and mobile user experience. As a leader of a user experience team, you will be responsible for designing and iterating optimized web and mobile experiences from inception to completion. Optimum Mobile, a subsidiary of Altice USA, is supported by one the fastest 5G networks in the world, and is also part of the Optimum/Suddenlink Home Internet family. Our brand, footprint and customer base continues to grow, and this is your opportunity to be part of a burgeoning internal UX organization responsible for the end-to-end experience for the Optimum Mobile prospect and customer sites. What We're Looking For:
We like to roll up our sleeves and create/iterate, and so should you. No matter how complex or ambiguous the design problem, you can find a way to help lead a team of UX and UI designers, strategists and researchers to help collaborate with internal and external partners, while always bringing energy and new ideas to the table no matter the task. You have a background in ecommerce and technical UX design, and a strong strategic design approach backed by your own creative process that entails the full understanding of best in class UX requirements. A portfolio that showcases how much you truly geek out over user experience is also essential. What You'll Do:
In this integral and highly collaborative role, you will help drive the consumer experience and ensure all designs are optimal for visual design and usability, while always being a fierce advocate for the end user. You are a systems-level design thinker and leader who will blend intuitive interfaces and workflows to design elegant yet simple experiences from complex scenarios, all while ensuring our business goals are balanced with our user goals. You will work alongside product management, business leads and content strategists while also managing a user experience team—all to define the ideal product state for both websites. This role requires a self-starter and someone who can guide the UX process from start to completion..
- Provide direction and leadership for a team of UX/UI designers, researchers and strategists
- Lead creative and holistic user experiences across product releases, platforms, and devices
- Understand product specifications and user psychology at its core across prospects and customers
- Organize and manage the build out of holistic internal design systems and style guides
- Lead in-depth concept and usability testing to gather actionable feedback and insights through market and user research
- Define well defined personas through user research and qualitative data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success consistently
- Leverage analytics, customer insights, and user feedback to build simple, yet powerful interfaces for mobile and desktop devices.
- Lead the formation of sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes around customer needs for rapid, iterative user interface definition and improvement
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability) within existing framework
- Manage key conversion points in the upper and lower funnels, including landing pages, CTAs and more
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Communicate interaction concepts across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Use primary and secondary research sources to understand consumer needs to build upon strategic product recommendations
- Evangelize the benefits of UX design across the organization and educate partners on design and research best practices
- Keep abreast of telecommunications and ecommerce products and industry trends to ensure we stay ahead of the game
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
- 6-8 years' proven experience as a UX Designer, UI designer or similar role
- 3-5 years' experience managing or leading user experience teams
- Experience in Agile environments and collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong portfolio of UX/UI design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in wireframing software, including Figma, Invision, Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- JIRA experience a plus
- Telecomm experience a plus, but not required
- Initially a remote position; in the future, this role may require on-site work in the Long Island City office.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA