Direct Marketing Specialist
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
What this Position is All About:
The marketing specialist role is critical to the success of the team's execution of our acquisition marketing strategy. The team is responsible for acquisition marketing communication, including the development and implementation of multiple advertising campaigns per year and multi-cultural marketing initiatives.
To be effective, this position requires an individual who is a strategic, analytical, and creative thinker. The individual must collaborate effectively with internal partners and external agencies, vendors and partners. This role will work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment. Spanish language skills are required.
**** This role is based in Long Island City, NY (Hybrid)
What You'll Do:
- Provide support in the development, execution, and implementation of marketing deliverables including digital and direct mail assets
- Work with Marketing Managers and Marketing Director to implement acquisition plans to promote all offers on segment-specific basis while ensuring all media is scheduled and delivered to meet deadlines
- Assist marketing managers with development and execution of all acquisition campaigns that promote offers on segment-specific basis for all media. Direct mail and emails will be the main focuses
- Leverage campaigns across multiple marketing channels ensuring creative and messaging is on strategy and synergistic in all communications. Emails and Direct mail will be the main focuses:
- Email - Partner with marketing team stakeholders, creative services, and external vendor to execute emails in an offer-specific and segmented manners. Ensure accuracy of all information prior to launch. Work with vendor to understand best practices, analytics and insights to iterate and improve email performance.
- Direct Mail - Support the development of all direct mail, working closely with marketing team and direct mail vendor to manage versioning and timelines. Review all creative ensure accuracy of offer details and legal disclaimers are accurate. Coordinate with vendor to make sure all feedback is implemented within timelines
- Provide quality control, including but not limited to proofreading all assets for accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, legal, etc. prior to release
- Maintain organizational documents, including status reports, timelines, and creative calendars
- Data analysis, apply insights to future creative development on an on-going basis
- Create presentation materials, including campaign recaps
- Collaborate with media team stakeholders, creative services, and web operations teams to update other marketing channels with new offer details, legal language, and campaign-specific creative
- Attend weekly status meetings with media agency to ensure clarity on all tactics, specs, targeting and timelines to ensure alignment.
Education combined with experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in marketing, agency account management, or marketing project management (direct mail, digital or advertising agency experience is a plus)
- A clear understanding of the nuances of advertising and design best practices.
- English (required)
- Spanish (required)
Strategic, analytical, and creative thinker
- Digest data analysis reporting and apply insights to future creative development on an on-going basis
- Translate marketing strategy into creative recommendations that drive business growth
Experience managing internal and external creative partners
This role requires an understanding of the creative development process including advertising, design, and video best practices. Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) are paramount.
- Write creative briefs with that provide clear and concise direction
Strong project management skills
Requires a proven ability to perform simultaneous tasks at a high level of effectiveness.
- Manage multiple projects with a high volume of deliverables
- Understanding of how to prioritize what's critical and direct resources accordingly
- Problem-solve when issues arise, bringing solutions to the table
- Manage tight timelines and meet all deadlines
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
Extremely detailed-oriented and organized
Attention to detail is a critical component of this role. You will often be the last person to review/approve creative and will be responsible for releasing files to our media agency and partners. Your job will entail making sure all creative deliverables and traffic instructions are error-free.
- Interface with legal team to ensure tactics are in compliance with legal requirements
- Provide quality control, including proofreading, for all assets for accuracy, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. prior to releasing all assets
- Traffic creative with accuracy, including but not limited to requesting, reviewing, and testing tracking URLs, filling out trafficking forms, providing clear direction to media agencies, following up on timing and approving preview links
You Also Have:
- A passion for marketing, entertainment, and technology
- A collaborative spirit who works well with multiple teams and disciplines
- A willingness to take direction and run with it, executing an approved game plan flawlessly
- The ability to react and adapt to a fast-changing business environment
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law.
This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
Creative Jobs For You
Director, Marketing - One Platform Creative Development (WWE)
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations