Sr Technical Writer
Altice USA, Plano, TX
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Sr. Technical Writer is responsible for the Altice USA Market Expansion team will be primarily responsible for organizing and gathering information necessary for the company's participation and submittal of county, state, and federal grants for the deployment of broadband to underserved areas. Grants may incorporate a combination of inputs from operations, engineering, sales, marketing, and business planning that demonstrate the company's ability to close the digital divide through FTTH broadband deployment. This position can be located in Tyler, TX / East Texas or Plano, TX / Northeast Texas.
- Prepares RFP documents associated with broadband subsidies that are specific to the issuing party's requirements and rules
- Writing highly technical, data-driven, coherent, organized, persuasive grant applications to secure that funding.
- Incorporating financial information, operation strategies, and engineering input with the assistance of subject matter experts.
- Develops proposals, bids, quotations, or other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests
- Responds to municipal Letters of Interest (LOI), partnering closely with Field Ops Construction, Field Ops leadership, Legal, Government Affairs, Sales and Marketing, Corporate Finance, Government Affairs, Market Expansion, Business, and Operations teams as required to ensure all aspects of the response's requirements are met
- Works cross-functionally across the company to ensure internal catalogs of proposal content remain current for use on future submissions
- Maintains an internal database of all funding sources, incorporating additional research as required through internal and external resources and / or subscriptions.
- Leads the creation of new content ensuring company leadership in market position.
- Improves proposal writing results by continuously evaluating successes and processes as required
- Capture, shape, and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice
- Translate technical information and business jargon into clear, consistent, and grammatically correct content
- Generates formalized responses associated with broadband subsidy defensive efforts such as protests and protest defense and justification
- Other duties as assigned
- Five (5) years' experiences in successful grant writing and demonstrated ability to manage grant development activities.
- Technical writing experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with SharePoint and additional industry-related tools preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business (or relevant work experience)
- Experience in writing grants or proposals is required
- Must operate independently, proactively and with minimal supervision
- Broadband experience is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a strong attention to detail
- Familiar with technical tools such as Google Earth and GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc) is preferred
- Experienced in working with a deadline driven project team in a fast-paced environment
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Create the extraordinary.