Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Cheddar is looking for a creative, driven, and experienced Segment Producer to put together guest notes, questions, scripts, and visual elements for two hours of live daily news programming. The candidate will have experience working in live news, with an expertise in writing scripts and building show rundowns. A sophisticated knowledge of business news, with a focus on tech, media, and consumer names, politics, and national news is necessary, along with a broad cultural awareness and an instinct for what's trending.
The candidate must also be able to write concise scripts and have experience in a live environment. You need to be able to work in a high-pressure environment and produce under tight deadlines. You should also have experience writing short-form text pieces, based on your research for guests. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and an independent worker. At the same time, he or she must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily into and work effectively in our small, scrappy, and highly collaborative team.
- Generating exceptional story ideas, reacting to breaking news and developing creative story angles
- Produce guest segments for two hours of live business news programming
- Build show graphics and elements in rundown software
- Write scripts for live programming
- Write short-form articles to supplement guest segments.
- Coordinate with Executive Producer and Line Producer to make great editorial decisions -- with a keen eye on technology, culture & media
- Participating in social media and achieving an active rapport with viewers
- Experience in financial journalism and live production
- 3+ years of live broadcast news and control room experience.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong grammar, copy editing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ENPS or similar rundown program.
- Working knowledge of production and post-production techniques.
- Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands