VP Marketing & Growth - Cheddar
Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Vice President of Marketing & Growth is a highly visible leadership role in the Cheddar News Organization and reports directly to the General Manager, Cheddar News.
The Vice President Marketing & Growth will drive, direct, and manage the brand strategy, marketing, and Growth platform for the network; develop strategies that energize and differentiate the brand including defining/redefining positioning and developing new messaging strategies. Develop and implement strategic marketing and growth plans to support initiatives across multiple platforms (web, mobile, social, digital, video), resulting in audience growth, retention, and heightened brand awareness & consideration. Will be responsible to create, manage, coordinate, and execute all marketing strategies and implement tactical plans that supports company growth strategy in the various segments it serves, including and not exclusive of key strategies directed to general market and multicultural segments.
An independent thinker and decision maker who is comfortable simultaneously operating at a high strategic level while also leading his/her team in the development of specific marketing and growth tactics. Will be responsible for the development and continuous evolution of all marketing, growth, and brand assets through all media and sales channels. Works collaboratively with multi-functional teams to support collaboration around owed media assets
The VP of Marketing & Growth, will also lead internal and external teams of direct that cross-collaborate to create impactful digital-first customer facing campaigns that support all web properties, pushing creative and technical boundaries to ensure the sites are always evolving and supporting sales growth of the channel.
- Develops a compelling positioning & messaging strategy for the brand and value proposition of the networks' news & original shows.
- Manages creative process and relationships with internal teams and external agencies to ensure development of impactful campaigns, to increase viewership & retain audiences.
- Develops and maintains a strategy for all affiliate relationships.
- Collaborates with Sales on new opportunities to drive revenue
- Execute marketing strategies to support go to market plans, based on the positioning strategy, the messaging and creative strategy.
- Drives the marketing team to develop growth opportunities based on linear, OTT, and digital analytics.
- Design strategies and campaigns that improve positively our brand indicators, support strategies to increase awareness & consideration from different segments, and the development and delivery of customer engagement tactics, community outreach through marketing programs.
- Drive, manage and coordinate execution of marketing tactics to impact various segments in highly competitive areas, under penetrated segments or underperforming markets to improve market share, maximize revenue, increase customer lifetime value, and minimize churn.
- Manages the development of creative & marketing tactics that support events, partnerships and sponsorships strategies to drive sales, customer engagement and brand exposure.
- Manage multi-million dollar budget.
- Develop and execute owned and paid media campaigns across all platforms - digital, on-air, social, OOH
- Works closely with distribution team on affiliate launches
- Collaborates with content and talent teams on new campaigns
- Develops partnerships with external brands
- Works with GM on all research efforts
- Collaborates with product teams on development of platforms
- 15+ years of experience in media/network brand marketing, growth, production, and management
- Marketing and team management experience with a media company, broadcast or cable news operation, streaming service, gaming, mobile, brand and/or marketing company or agency
- Exceptional business understanding and decision-making, leadership skills, communication, and interpersonal skills, to work with CxO level executives within the leadership team and multi-functional partners across the organization; driving results by generating the right level of influence and buy in from key stakeholders.
- Creative thinker; idea generator.
- Results and action-oriented, with the ability to translate results into proactive measures
- Exhibits confidence and a positive attitude, highly diplomatic yet assertive, demonstrating passion for the network, brand, and inspiring others.
- Strong and effective project management skills and the ability to lead and direct internal and external resources with direct or indirect reporting structure.
- Can build presentations appropriate for executive audiences and present a compelling story behind the data.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, maintaining high quality, accuracy and consistency of deliverables
- Results oriented leader with ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy, and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution. Demonstrated success in developing strategies and roadmaps that directly led to measurable business results.
- Solid understanding of linear, OTT, web metrics, digital analytics, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data to inform the creative process.
- Ability to hire, scale, and develop a high-performing team that continuously delivers market driven strategies and cross-collaborates for its execution.
- Understanding of the media and telecommunications industries, with awareness of consumer trends, OTT platforms, the competitive landscape
- Track record of successful strategy design and execution.
- Experience leading brand, design, and strategy processes
- Strong digital and social media growth leader
- A collaborative results-oriented working style
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state, and local law.As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Home of the world’s best books.
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA