VP, Programming - Cheddar
Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Vice President of Programming is responsible for the strategy and creative development of Cheddar News and their original programming. This includes programming and production, content strategy, platform and product innovation, building and managing cohesive and effective teams, and generating ideas that align with network and revenue goals. This role will develop a high-growth vision and carry out a brand-defining strategy for Cheddar News' linear, OTT, digital, and social platforms. In addition to being a transformative and proven content leader, this VP of Programming will be responsible for the development and production of compelling, relevant, and monetizable linear and digital content. We seek a candidate who is an enthusiastic and mature leader whom also possesses extensive, in-depth news and originals knowledge and has a passion for the Cheddar News audience! This role reports to the General Manager, Cheddar News.The ideal candidate must be a strong strategic leader with the ability to effectively communicate and influence senior leadership, peers and direct reports. A proven track record of providing timely linear, OTT, text, video, and social content in multiple winning formats across news, lifestyle, entertainment, tech, health categories and more. To that end, operating with a sense of urgency/agility as well as having pre-existing relationships with subject matter experts in various content sectors is critical. Looking for a candidate who will design and develop an innovative programming strategy that centers on low-cost, high-profile programming events to position Cheddar News as the next generation news source and attract positive media attention.The Vice President of Programming should understand how to manage P&Ls and have experience overseeing budgets, strategically allocating resources, and delivering content within deadline parameters. This is a new role with the opportunity to make a real impact, both day-to-day and longer term.
- Develop and oversee network news and original shows that aligns to the creative vision for the group, ensuring alignment with Cheddar News national vision and strategy
- Oversee all aspects of development including pilots, presentation tapes, sell-through, sizzle reels and casting
- Lead programming strategy of all platforms (linear, OTT, digital and social media platforms. Develop models and schedules that drive the highest viewership.
- Development and maintain industry relationships
- Foster relationships with high-level agents, producers and talent
- Bring in potential projects for development or acquisitions through pitches or submissions from outside companies
- Guide news and originals show creators through script draft and production process. Duties include, but are not limited to, reading submitted drafts of scripts and compiling notes, monitoring dailies, reviewing cuts, and generating editorial notes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Production, Post-Production, Business & Legal Affairs, and Marketing to see projects through to completion
- Work with production team to manage budgets, schedules, and logistics on more complex or strategically significant productions
- Monitor production budgets and schedules
- Partner with Post-Production in the editing and delivery of final product
- Act as liaison between network clients, production, and distribution
- Establish new processes, procedures, and methods that improve production outcomes
- Over-deliver across KPIs that include video views, unique, watch time, impressions, and pageview
- Work with sales to maximize revenue potential of programs
- Create and maintain a consistent vision and voice across all verticals
- Communicate with senior executives regarding strategy, timelines, and direction of the production
- Lead and mentor direct report(s) and junior members of team
- Define content strategy by synthesizing research and insights to inform planning.
- Identify gaps and opportunities in programming
- Lead scheduling and release cadence
- Drive content mapping efforts
- Understand the competitive landscape and help define Cheddar News' unique place in the market
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of progressive experience working in news, scripted development at a network, studio, or OTT-provider
- Demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality TV programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- Ability to interact and communicate with journalists, filmmakers, talent, network executives, etc.
- Capability to employ existing relationships, experience, and credibility with entertainment industry
- Strong capability to multi-task and prioritize multiple demands.
- Strong ability to create and deliver presentations that effectively communicate solutions and proposals to internal and external clients.
- Ability to write clear and concise creative notes and project plans
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to analyze and use data to improve the performance of linear and digital content
- Strong time management and creative resource management capabilities
- Strong ability to prioritize key initiatives, develop business cases for budgets and resource investments
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Proven ability to think multiple steps ahead, multitask and manage large projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
- Passionate news and entertainment enthusiast, from live programming to docuseries, across all demos and genres
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible, Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state, and local law.As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA