Specialist, Social Media Communications
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Do you have a deep passion for social media and influencer marketing and love beginning in the know of the latest trends and innovative brand executions? Look no further…
As the Social Media Communications Specialist, you will play an integral role in the Consumer Services Organization being responsible for the communications of our existing and upcoming social media efforts to all internal stakeholders and partners. You will be supporting the brand by keeping track and sharing published social post links from our social media channels. (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok etc.)
* This role is currently hybrid in Long Island City, NY office, with the expectation of being on-site 2-3 days per week*
- Communicate published and upcoming social media efforts of all Optimum social channels to increase employee awareness and engagement. (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok etc.)
- Input briefs and creative into our project management system and liaise between Creative Services team and Creative agency.
- Monitor mentions and tags of social handles through social media listening tools.
- Manage all non-service-related community engagement across social media.
- Manage social channel favorite follow lists.
- Request social post boosting through our paid media agency.
- Create tracking links for all social media post URLs.
- Assist with content calendar organization.
- Participate in strategy and planning meetings with agency partners and cross functional teams.
- Assist with content management of influencers, employees, and customers.
- Attend new device and store opening briefs for content development purposes.
- Be up to date on all available products, promotions, launches, brand news, under the Optimum brands.
- Follow TV, film, and entertainment, trends and scheduling, and mobile product trends to assist in content strategy planning and creation.
- Stay in the know of social media trends, emerging platforms, and available tools for businesses
- Research potential partnerships for customer contests and giveaways.
- Partner with PR/Comms team to ensure, purpose led events, holidays, cultural diversity, and inclusion are represented and celebrated through content and marketing efforts.
- 3-5 years min. of experience in a social media/communications role.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related relevant fields.
- Strong awareness of cultural trends relevant to our business.
- Thorough knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Understanding of paid social media.
- Excellent project management, written communication, decision-making, and leadership skills.
- Experience overseeing social community management and engagement.
- Exceptionally strong copywriting and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Experience working on events, photo, and video shoots.
- Can build presentations appropriate for executive audiences and present a compelling story behind the data.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and influencing colleagues in a highly matrixed cross functional environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, in a demanding environment with tight deadlines, maintaining high quality, accuracy and consistency of deliverables.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA