Digital Producer, Newsletter
Altice USA, New York, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Cheddar News feeds viewer’s curiosity about what’s next with live news and original shows covering the people, ideas, and innovations that are shaping their world. Weekday news covers the latest in business, culture, media, technology, and innovation. Original programming offers viewers an opportunity to explore more and take a deeper dive into topics they find interesting and relevant. Cheddar News is available on leading pay TV systems and OTT platforms. It is also available on all leading free TV platforms and over 40 broadcast stations reaching over 40 million homes.
Cheddar News is looking for a newsletter expert to write crisp, entertaining copy and grow our Need2Know daily newsletter. This job will involve selecting 10 items a day and writing highly-polished and engaging news updates on each. The topics will align with Cheddar News’s core coverage which includes business, technology, politics, entertainment, lifestyle and pop culture.
The ideal candidate will have the maturity and judgment to make critical decisions about what to cover and how to handle breaking news. They will also pitch and execute ideas to increase newsletter KPIs.
We are looking for someone who can see the big picture: Cheddar News is on many platforms and we're looking for ways to showcase all that we do. Innovation is important in this role and you should not be afraid to try out new ideas in collaboration with others.
What You'll Work On:
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Need2Know newsletter production process including story selection, creation, editing, and delivery.
- Maintain the Cheddar News brand voice using approachable & easy-to-digest style.
- Copyedit and update website as needed.
- Use data and analytics to improve newsletter, optimizing content and formatting where needed.
- Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects.
- Serve as a strategic liaison with growth and editorial teams.
- Knows news and can instinctively identify top news stories based on previous experience (ideally 2-5 years in a news-related newsletter or similar)
- Strong news judgment in selecting both appropriate hard news and less-hard news stories to feature.
- Have a deep understanding of balanced reporting and appropriate, conversational tone.
- Works well independently with hard deadlines, but is comfortable being part of a collaborative team.
- Comfortable with editing processes and open to adjusting workflows and strategy.
- Demonstrable use of digital growth or marketing. Nice, but not necessary, if it relates to newsletter audiences.
- Feel comfortable with a lot of people reading your work each day!
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands