Altice USA, Bronx, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News 12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
News 12 is looking for a Freelance Reporter/Multimedia Journalist to generate story ideas, gather information, and produce and present stories and other content for all platforms including social media. The candidate must have the ability to independently shoot, write and edit clear, relevant and meaningful news stories. They must also have the ability to operate the assigned news gathering gear and ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality. The ideal candidate will develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Gather information, video content, interviews, and other elements necessary to produce thorough, high-quality news reports. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with hyper-local news events in order to generate original stories. Represent News 12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum one year full-time professional news reporting experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
- Highly effective on-air performance.
- Extensive knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and pursue investigative stories effectively.
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift, carry and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.