Altice USA, Edison, NJ
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Planning Editor will anticipate & help execute next day news & long-term coverage. Develop & conceptualize compelling story ideas that can live on linear & digital platforms
- Gather multi-platform story ideas from reporters, producers and other sources
- Keep an updated calendar for planned stories, events, etc
- Propose coverage strategy with at least one week in advance of daily news coverage
- Manage all aspects of story development, including research, pre-interviews, production setup, and write comprehensive summary notes.
- Work on planning future special projects
- Follow up on on-going stories
- Coordinate coverage of big stories and planned events with Executive Producers and/or newsroom managers
- Develop sources within the community, including government agencies and public relations representatives
- Produce special segments on a regular basis
- May be asked to develop, write and edit news stories
- May be asked to produce special coverage/breaking news coverage
- Put together coverage plans for big events
- Leverage extensive rolodex with community leaders and officials to secure newsmaker interviews
- Consistently exhibit strong news judgment and editorial direction, including what future topics are developing.
- Work at the assignment desk and play a supporting role as warranted in the pursuit of breaking news
Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 years of Assignment Desk Preferred
- Solid news judgment and passion for character-based storytelling
- Self-starter who can work with little direction & is comfortable improvising when needs change
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships/sources the feed up story ideas and tips
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication as well news writing skills;
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be able to line produce on occasion
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines, work different or extended shifts and be flexible with schedule changes. Willing and able to work weekends and holidays
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.