Freelance Field Reporter
Altice USA, Washington, DC
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Cheddar is looking for a driven and experienced Freelance DC reporter with strong TV skills and stamina including teleprompter and unscripted analysis and banter about stories and topics covered. Ideal candidates are curious and engaged with a sophisticated knowledge of politics along with a broad cultural awareness and an instinct for what’s trending plus: self-starter, independent worker, adaptable, collaborative and flexible to work effectively with
In addition, the successful candidate should have strong relationships in DC and be an independent worker. At the same time, they must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily and work effectively in our small, scrappy and highly collaborative team.
· Provide unscripted analysis of stories covered for multiple hits
· Contribute story ideas
· Present stories in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
· Actively engage with social media before, during and after broadcasts
· Partner with product, research and growth and social teams to align editorial goals on social media
- Excellent understanding of linear and non-linear video production
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems and successfully multitask in a high pressure, breaking news environment
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
- Experience in automated studio environments preferred
- Active engagement in Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories
- Please make sure your resume includes link to your reel + social media.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.