Lead Project Manager
Altice USA, Bethpage, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Lead Project Manager will be responsible for directing one or more medium or complex projects through implementation in order to meet the business requirements, customer needs and defined drivers. The Lead Project Manager will ensure successful launch/deployment of various products. This position is the focus to which all processes, communication, accountabilities and procedures are filtered through to ensure an aligned team effort. The key focus of this position is overall management of projects across multiple business groups and ensuring delivery of specific business/customer functionality that is on-time and on-budget.The Lead Project Manager may be responsible for managing or mentoring one or more Project Managers within the team on related project assignments. The Lead Project Manager ensures that solutions meet business needs and expectations; builds strong working relationships Ensures that efforts of the team are aligned with those of other project teams. The Lead Project Manager manages indirect technical staff to deliver quality solutions on time, within budget, compatible with business drivers and meet the customers’ needs.. The Lead Project Manager directs technical staff activities and teams with internal and external supporting organizations to achieve effective design and development results.
- Planning, coordination, management, and execution of multiple concurrent, complex, cross-organizational programs & projects.
- Directly responsible for managing and overseeing project: scope, cost, schedule, risk, human resources, communications, procurement, change and methods for measuring results.
- Areas of responsibility include planning, developing, and managing project plans/timelines, with focus on managing critical path, performing required gap analysis, and bringing in projects on/before schedule.
- Perform routine data collection, organization, workflow & support analysis.
- Document, manage and enforce action item register, documenting and publishing meeting minutes in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop and adhere to comprehensive project budget and proactively forecast, plan, and communicate under/overruns.
- Provide customers, the project team and management with written and verbal communications, including project status reports and executive level presentations.
- Develop timetables for implementation, monitor and perform strategic analysis for the project.
- Serves as a liaison with company resources and systems to provide current data and information needed.
- Partners to develop/deliver communications regarding the progress, accountabilities, and gaps in the progress of assigned projects
- Skilled in planning and preparing effective and timely written communications.
- Skilled in presenting ideas and concepts.
- Ability to synthesize project information and establish the appropriate scope of a project.
- Scope management
- Ability to apply strong project management skills and methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and manage team members at all levels effectively.
- Use tools like Jira, Microsoft Projects, Service Central, Confluence, Clarity PPM, etc.
- Overall project management of code development, unit testing, production implementation and post-production support of designated/identified projects.
- Coordinate resource and schedule estimates across multiple development organizations responsible for packaged deliverables
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all milestone deliverables meet with defined standards. Deliverables include requirement definitions, functional specification, architecture design, technical specifications, release notes, installation guides, solution summary, and other documentation.
- Act as liaison between development organizations and internal PMO
- Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to determine optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
- Lead defect management processes and discussions between development, QA, Production, and business teams to effectively communicate root cause and defect resolution
- Preparation of project plans, resource plans, status reports, meeting minutes, documentation, etc.
- Coordinate release and sprint planning
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline;
- Minimum 7+ years of project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and managing technical and non-technical resources through various life-cycle phases (cross functional experience preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office , Project or similar software
Experience with Executive presentation skills to draft professional, formal briefing material
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communications
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret data analyses for operational insights. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders outside own area of expertise
- Consistent record of accomplishing short term business objectives
- Ability to work independently and with others at all levels within the organization
Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated facilitation skills and ability to manage meetings with project team members
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands