Director Distribution & Business Development
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Director, Distributions & Business Development is accountable for leading the distribution negotiations of Altice USA News Networks (Cheddar, News 12) across traditional and OTT platforms. This includes VOD, TVE & OTT rights. This role will also lead key sales operations, data tracking, competitive analysis, technical integrations, and partnership agreements.
- Lead affiliate sales and distribution partnerships, as well as, new media distribution initiatives for Altice USA News (Cheddar, News 12). This includes expiring agreements, new business agreements and expanded rights for existing agreements, as well as technical and security requirements (e.g., authentication requirements, content protection requirements) for traditional and OTT platforms.
- Lead all deal preparation: reviewing current contracts, market research analysis, financial analysis, and establish deal goals. Evaluate complex issues, financial impact, MFN analysis and all contractual provisions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the consumer media market, usage patterns, programming offerings and value, technology delivery platforms and security requirements and overall competitive landscape. Continually evaluate content presentations and performance, new services and emerging delivery platforms.
- Aggressively negotiate to acquire desired distribution deals and maximum rights to achieve the optimal value proposition, maximum flexibility, and greatest revenue opportunities. Work with legal to paper deals.
- Work effectively with Product, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, Sales and Finance colleagues to understand needs and capabilities.
- Lead all aspects of the Altice USA News relationship with cable and OTT partners
- Create deal summaries for existing deals prior to negotiations and for new deals after their completion.
- Lead and/or support ad-hoc projects and initiatives throughout the year that are related to the fulfillment of department goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our partners to ensure success.
- Ensure post deal compliance and implementation of all programming obligations.
- Oversee all key support functions of the affiliate distribution process including affiliate authorizations, client hospitality/events, industry/client trade conferences, etc.
- Negotiate marketing and network partnerships with outside brands
- 10+ years of experience in affiliate sales and content distribution
- Bachelor's degree
- Affiliate sales and distribution experience at a major network
- Adept at negotiating sound commercial agreements and possessing a solid understanding of contracts
- Proven experience and understanding the broader media landscape
- General understanding of emerging content distribution trends
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to create and make strategic and deal related presentations to senior management
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a multi-function organization
- Relationships across media industry, especially affiliate landscape
- The candidate must be a strategic and analytical thinker that is able to move from high-level concepts into practical planning and tactical implementation.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.