Director - Communications
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We’re building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Director, Communications will lead strategies and programs in support of the Optimum suite of connectivity products with the overarching goal of enhancing the reputation of the company with both employees and outside audiences. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Communications, this individual should be capable of both developing new ideas and comprehensive strategies while also serving as an excellent tactician and business partner
- Develop and carry out communications plans in support of Optimum’s ever expanding and evolving product portfolio, including Fiber Internet, Smart WiFi, Mobile, TV, and phone services as well as managed solutions for SMB and enterprise customers, and more.
- Partner with internal functions such as Product, Marketing, Programming, Sales, Operations, Government Affairs, and others, advising business leaders on proactive and reactive matters concerning publicity, employee communication and messaging/story telling.
- Support the Communications team and business partners on the continued development of modern/digital communications outputs and channels.
- Plan, lead and/or advise on external and internal events both large and small for specific business units or at the enterprise level.
- Contribute new ideas and champion best practices across the entire Communications organization and the AUSA business as a whole, where appropriate.
- Participate in the development of a thriving, inclusive culture throughout the organization.
- 8+ years of strategic communications/public relations experience, preferably related to media, telecommunications, technology, or consumer products and services.
- Experience working with reporters, preferably those covering the TMT space.
- Successful track record of both managing large campaigns/programs and working with clients and/or business leaders in a counselor setting.
- Firm understanding of best practices for modern corporate communications as it relates to the use of content, digital channels, social media etc.
- Possess: curiosity in trends influencing business and culture; a can-do attitude; an appreciation for the importance of the team, a strong worth ethic; a good sense of humor.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands