Spring Intern- News12
Altice USA, Edison, NJ
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
What You’ll Do:
Interns in this role will assist in researching, writing and producing live newscasts, including newsgathering for daily newscasts, creating and stacking rundowns, and writing accurate and engaging scripts. This role will work closely with the assignment desk, producers, digital team and anchors to create compelling stories on all platforms. Follow graphic format stylebook in production of programs. Direct and coordinate efforts of assigned studio personnel. Contribute to our digital platforms and participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Gain:
- Working in the New York market
- Being part of a tristate network with the capability to share content between all regions
- Hands-on newsroom experience
- Networking across 5 News 12 networks
- Interns will be able to work one-on-one with producers, writers, and anchors who have decades of experience in the journalism field
- Ability to collaborate with anchors, news gatherers, and directors in executing a news show
This program will include Night and Weekend shifts.
The deadline to apply is November 15th 2022!
What You Need:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree with preferred concentrations in TV Production, Broadcasting, or other related field
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies
- Understand the concept of producing live and taped newscasts
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of the production process
- Understanding of what makes a fair and balanced story
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Preferred: experience in television field production
- Preferred: understanding of ENPS
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands