ESG Program Manager - Energy
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We’re building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The ESG - Energy Manager will work with the Senior Director, ESG and with key business partners within Altice USA to build the energy management and GHG reduction strategy and implement the strategic plan. Energy and GHG management are top priorities for Altice USA requiring active engagement from business leaders across the enterprise. This role is responsible for leading key energy management initiatives from concepts to fully delivered projects yielding GHG reductions in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Serves as a lead project owner within the ESG team for energy management, focused on executing assigned projects from the concept stage through to the fully executed and deployed stage.
- Collaborating regularly with all stakeholders including external energy supplier partnerships and procurement to align with workstream owners to ensure energy and GHG reduction initiatives are progressing in accordance with Altice USA's GHG reduction strategy and targets.
- Promotes and drives to execution Altice USA's GHG environmental commitments.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on external and internal energy and GHG management trends and opportunities.
- Serves as an ambassador for Altice USA’s energy management initiatives and utilizes systems, standards & programs and reports to demonstrate progress against goals and targets.
- Provides energy purchasing and hedging guidance and conducts research and analysis to support internal business partners that include Telecom, News, IT, Finance, Procurement, Investor Relations, Public Relations, Retail, etc.
- Provides perspective in the development of Altice USA's energy policies, hedging strategies, energy procurement, renewable energy and energy efficiency practices and procedures.
- Supports business case development for new energy initiatives and helps manage existing programs to achieve GHG emissions reductions.
- Supports, leads and coordinates GHG emissions goal setting and reporting - Manage Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions calculations for annual reporting.
- Perform regular quality control audits of energy data being gathered across the business to ensure Scope 1, 2 and 3 emission information is correct.
- Leads and coordinates energy efficiency projects and certifications including management of LEED certification for Data Center sustainability and manage Energy Star certification for Retail store sustainability.
- Keeps up to date on climate market trends, including international climate agreements, carbon markets, industry net zero commitments, and the regulatory environment.
- Works with federal, state, and utility programs to capture energy incentives and rebates in support of GHG reduction initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sustainability, Environmental Science, or a related discipline; MBA preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in ESG, CSR, Climate, Energy Management or Sustainability related role.
• Proficient understanding and knowledge of the environment and GHG accounting.
• Experience with CDP, SASB, TCFD, and other sustainability reporting frameworks is preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels of Altice USA and external partners.
• Ability to go from idea and strategy development to execution and results leveraging your passion for energy management while building strong stakeholder relationships, identifying process improvements, and incorporating new systems to support the GHG reduction strategy and overall energy transition.
• Working knowledge of energy audits, renewable energy, green building certifications and other GHG reduction strategies.
• Proven experience with decarbonization execution and net zero planning and has a keen interest in sustainability and climate change topics.
• Great negotiating and influencing skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, think critically, multitask and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong project management skills.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Practical and pragmatic with a “can-do” attitude.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December, 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.