Director Project Management
Altice USA, Bethpage, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Altice USA is hiring for a Director, PMO to support the CARE and CX Strategy to help make Customer Experience our best product by rethinking our customer journeys, elevating our successful processes and applying innovative new solutions to improvement areas.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, PMO, the Director, PMO is responsible for the program management activities, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule. Successful candidates will be experienced Program Managers who are passionate and advocate for customers. You should have a track record of end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
The role of a Director, PMO is one that requires an individual to be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and/or oversee multiple programs/projects at once. Responsible for overseeing the planning, execution and evaluation of all projects within their organization. This includes creating project plans, assigning resources, tracking progress, resolving issues and communicating with stakeholders throughout the process. Additional tasks include providing regular status reporting, project roadmap updates, assist with annual planning, and other responsibilities as assigned. This position will include interacting directly with Business Planning, IT, Business Operations, Technical Operations, Product, CARE & CX. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited oversight.
- Personally lead transformation initiatives and oversee and be accountable to the effective delivery of the projects in the within the Care and CX Organization
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements. Participates in key planning milestones and acts as a guide for the core program team from initiation through execution & completion
- Own the end-to-end project lifecycle: drive, track and help execute several key projects for CARE and CX organization
- Creates program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical paths
- Develop meticulous documentation and corresponding project plans & trackers
- Responsible for handling multiple projects/programs simultaneously
- Oversee and ensure all status materials are compiled and completed in a timely fashion, document and distribute project and activity status on regular basis to key stakeholders and executive leadership highlighting any potential risks and mitigation plans
- Manage a team of program/project managers. Provide guidance and support throughout the duration of a program life cycle
- Management Skills
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- Keen problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience managing disparate working groups/teams
- Ability to learn all functions of the business and build bridges between functions to further the overall goals of the organization - must be a collaborator and communicator
- Ability to present to large groups, confidence to speak on behalf of leadership team in meetings leveraging an adaptive leadership and communication style
- Key Experiences/Achievements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; Master’s Degree a plus
- Work experience in Customer Experience and/or Cable/Telecom is a plus
- Call center experience (internal or 3rd party) preferred but not required
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in PMO
- 7+ years of program management responsibility in leading complex program initiatives
- 10+ years of project management experience (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
- Proven track record of successfully orchestrating cross-functional transformation projects
- Fluency in project management, collaboration, and visualization tools including, but not limited to (Smartsheet, Clarity, Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio), JIRA, Aha, Zendesk, Wiki, SharePoint, Lucid chart)
- Certification preferred (PMP/ CSM)
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.