Director of Project Management
Altice USA, Long Island City, NY
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
a4 is Altice USA’s Advertising division. A4 provides audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national businesses and advertising clients. We are looking for a Director for our PMO office to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects across a4 Revenue Operations. The PMO office will be a staff of 3 to 5 members.
The right candidate will have experience managing complex projects involving the technologies that media companies employ to monetize content (CRMs, Order Management Systems, Ad Servers, DSPs/SSPs, Billing Platforms). They will be relentless in their pursuit of moving projects to successful completion, with the ability to: take complex concepts and break them into executable components, speak in a language that all stakeholders understand, manage conflicts/constraints swiftly, & identify potential issues before they negatively impact the project - all while navigating a high-pressure environment. They will also be confident in delivering concise, impactful updates to executive stakeholders across the organization.
- Promote the establishment of the PMO role and create a Center of Excellence in alignment with defined guidelines, quality standards and business requirements
- Advocate for the proper funding and timeline allocation of projects
- Seek implementation efficiencies to meet or exceed the financial and/or timeline expectations established at project initiation
- Develop, implement, and govern program management processes, dashboards, templates, policies, and metrics
- Monitor compliance with project policies and standards
- Coach and mentor project management leads, promoting best practices across the organization
- Establish the PMO organization structure to manage project staffing requirements in line with project objectives
- Coordinate project deliverables with Project Managers, Analysts, Department Leads, and support contractors in a direct and indirect reporting structure
- Set annual performance targets for direct reports and conduct performance reviews
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess and decide which proposals have the highest potential value, impact, and strategic alignment.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities, implementation opportunities, challenges and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Identify project interdependencies across the a4 portfolio and ensure the right stakeholders are involved at the right level
- Deep experience with project and change management, methodologies, techniques, processes
- Budget, cost, and profitability management skills
- High-level of communication, interpersonal skills to cultivate and maintain relationships across the organization and vendors
- Excellent judgment with proven ability to identify problems and deal with complex issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly on challenging, complex, and difficult issues to develop solutions that address root causes
- Ability to develop and deliver training to small and large groups
- Ability to influence without authority
- Flexible, adaptable, and resourceful when managing changing timelines and multiple deliverables
- Report on project progress and offer viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Ability to Identify and transition operational coordination of projects to day-to-day owners in a way that they are set up for long-term success and adoption
- Ability to Deep dive into specific projects as needed to assist or lead key project phases, such as: discovery & requirements gathering, process design, end-user testing & training, rollout & post-launch support planning.
- ~6 years of Project Management experience (Waterfall & Agile methodologies)
- Proven ability to plan & drive complex programs through successful completion
- Experience in process design and/or change management
- Experience communicating with a diverse set of stakeholder groups, including c-suite
- Familiarity with ad technology platforms & processes (CRM, Order Management Systems, Ad Delivery, Billing Platforms)
- PMP preferred or formal project management education
- Consulting experience preferred
- Six Sigma/Lean Experience preferred
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership skills
- Adaptable to new types of stakeholders and technology
- Exceptionally organized
- Relentless communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.