Altice USA, Edison, NJ
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We’re building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for the right individual to be a presenter of news, weather, and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrates credibility, authority, and broadly based knowledge of news. The News Anchor/Meteorologist will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and Alert Center presentation. Ability to respond to and report on live breaking traffic conditions, local, national, and international news. Must have the ability to find key players in breaking and trending news stories to perform multiple hits Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Must be able to forecast weather for a large geographic area with pinpoint accuracy, and convey it in an easy-to-understand way.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred with a focus on atmospheric science/meteorology
- Minimum of four years full-time professional news experience including two years anchoring experience preferred.
- Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
- Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media.pected to write web
- Expected to write web/digital copy for all stories
- Should have knowledge of all social media platforms and methods of presentation.
- Should have a knowledge how to search trending and breaking news stories.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Ability to work inside a climate controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot and cold temperature, wet or humid conditions.
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays; or longer shifts due to “breaking news”.
- Experience with WSI weather systems a plus.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
About Altice USA
Altice USA is a communications and media company that enables its customers through the power of connectivity. With a relentless focus on challenging today’s norm while developing the telecommunication of the future, our products and services bring people closer together and connect them to the things that matter most to them, faster and more easily than ever before.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news, telephony, and wireless offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Want to learn more about Altice USA? Visit Altice USA's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands