Editor - Freelance
News12, Bethpage, NY, US, 11714
Work at News12
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
The Freelance Editor will edit video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions. The Freelance Editor will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product.
- Analyzes, develops and recommends solutions for editorial, procedural, and operational needs to ensure quality videos are develop for both web and broadcast.
- Work closely with Lead Editors and Design teams in order to optimize the editorial processes.
- Work efficiently within time constraints in order to meet weekly and monthly advertising and non-advertised requirements.
- Being prepared to deal with changing requirements in each day to meet the needs of the other teams and the tool.
- Create and develop both internal external company communication.
- Work with a team of other editors to effectively accomplish team goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Minimum 1 year of digital post-production experience; editing in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Minimum 1 year working in a high-pressure environment meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of digital workflows and file-based delivery.
- Strong understanding of frame rates, aspect ratios, and resolutions.
- Ability to read video scopes and audio levels.
- Demonstrated strong editorial judgment.
- Proven experience editing content for a variety of digital platforms, in non-traditional. formats and resolutions.
- A team player who can work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects is a significant plus.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.