Events Coordinator - Freelance
News12, Bethpage, NY, US, 11714
Work at News12
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Events Coordinator represents News12 at local key community events of all different sizes throughout NY, NJ, and CT. This role serves as an organized, detail-oriented liaison for our news organization and the communities we serve. Represents N12 with the utmost professionalism and provides a positive experience to our viewers.
- Sets up booths at various events
- Willing to travel within the tri-state area
- Responsible for the positive engagement with our viewers during community events.
- Sets up table and hands out giveaway items
- Takes photos at events for use on social media
- Ability to communicate effectively with superior relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently
- Social media skills preferred
- Knowledge of News12 talent and programming a plus
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Outgoing/friendly personality.
- Clean/Neat appearance
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Clean driving record
- Ability to take photos /videos with phone
- Social media skills a plus
- Availability on weekends and nights
- Knowledge of News 12 talent and programming a plus
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.